Saturday 1 June 2024

RetroReviews: S0106 The Porterhouse

So, I've turned to the remains of my exhaustive (I hope...) pre-blog list, to write up those that weren't written up during the pandemic.

(There's definitely some inaccuracies there, though - I think I've finally fixed it in most/all places, but to give an example, N0081 Tolka House and N0079 Botanic House somehow keep becoming the same pub in my mind, even though they're 900m apart, and I visited one in ~2009 and the other in 2018.)

I'm sticking with those that are still open, for now - I may wait til the depths of winter before doing a depressing series of writeups for the pubs that are long gone.

The next pub on the sorted list is The Porterhouse - the original Temple Bar one - and a place I'm actually a bit surprised I've not been in since I began logging re-visits in 2019. I've certainly stuck my head in checking to see if there was a space a few times, including a few weeks ago; and I was definitely there between 2016 and 2019.

Since 2019, the Porterhouse group has undergone some very significant changes. The "Central" branch has rebranded to Tapped, and the brewery has been sold to [redacted], making his stout; with the Porterhouse beers now being brewed at White Hag and Kinnegar. But the original branch remains.

I don't know if its exactly the same as my last visit; but what you get is a rambling space, full of copper brewery pipework (albeit beer is not made on-site) across multiple split level floors. It's usually very busy, but if you can get a table, you'll enjoy your time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment