Friday 21 June 2024

RetroReview: S0140 Clarence Hotel

As I write this - even the RetroReview posts go in to a posting queue - it is exactly nine years since I sat in the Octagon Bar of the Clarence, reading the Saturday papers as I had brunch. I was actually working, having set up an outside broadcast elsewhere in the city; so there wasn't much booze involved (I wasn't driving). This is a coincidence, date wise, as I'm doing this writeups in order of the licence number.

This was the day of the results of the Marriage Referendum and the city was particularly lively, and there was a nice contrast between the quiet bar and the buzz of everywhere else - although I eventually went out in to said buzz instead.

This was my only visit here; and only ~15 months before the start of the blog; but I didn't write up any old stuff at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment