Sunday 30 August 2020

RetroReviews: N0106 MeMa's

When I was in this, once, it was still The Metro. I never went back for a reason you'll shortly see

We had been trying to find somewhere showing a football match, which I think may have been Brighton vs Bournemouth on the 09/10/2010 - that's just taken me a good half an hour checking for Sunday early kickoffs in the right era to find - which was a League One match at the time and not a Premier League match as it would have been in the past three seasons!

There were two of us, and two Bournemouth fans who had somehow found the same pub willing to show it - there were bigger sporting events on against it. However, at half time, the barman announced that a regular was coming in who'd "want the golf" and changed over.

Out we went a-wandering, both sets of supporters as one; and found that N0107 Kimchi Hophouse actually had a Sky sub and no other match on, and settled in there instead. 

I've been back to the Hophouse, and I'm sure I'll go to MeMa's, but the turfing out rankled enough that I never went back to the Metro!

No comments:

Post a Comment