Saturday 22 August 2020

RetroReviews: 1010804 The Drunken Fish

This is a Korean bar - one that's actually drunk in by Koreans, albeit that's not unique in Dublin - in a fine listed building; namely a former excise stores. Originally opened as a modern bar called Excise, which I have a very vague feeling I may have drunk in in about 2006; I've definitely been here quite a few times since it opened under its current guise in about 2014.

The floor levels in here are somewhat confusing; due to the preservation of parts of the listed building it is in - the main street facing entrance is up steps, with the bar then down steps back to much the same level as the street! From memory, last time I went in here the drink selection was all Heineken Ireland and missing the more drinkable options at that, but that was a few months ago.

When I worked a bit closer, I was a very frequent customer of the take out / fast food part of the business, which operates as "Mix & Mix" from one of the modern extensions of the building. There is also a more conventional restaurant above this and back in to the upper floor of the original building; which uses a call bell system to call wait staff to your table - something I've not seen anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment