Friday 28 August 2020

RetroReviews: N0080 Quinns of Drumcondra

"Hey! Quinns is closed!" you might say. "It's still on the licence register, and anyway, it was awful enough to make me want to write it up", I'd reply.

In 2006/7, this was on my way to/from work and I was dragged in here for pints occasionally by a colleague who inexplicably didn't like N0082 McGraths down the road. I didn't like Quinns, so it was a trade-off as to who had to suffer each time! Pub smelled bad, crowd was often rough, drink was dear and poor, etc etc.

In 2014, it was temporarily closed for absolutely hideous food safety violations. I felt vindicated.

Its now closed entirely and likely to be knocked for student accommodation, which may use the licence for a licenced restaurant on the ground floor; or may flog it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment