Sunday 23 August 2020

RetroReviews: 1011804 The Bridge 1859

I initially said some of these pubs might have been last visited 15 years ago. This one's 16; as I forgot that I got in to a few places underage... and under a completely different ownership and setup I must add!

Back in 2004, this was still known as Bellamys, and I was rather tall and able to pull a Homer Simpson grade five o'clock shadow, so it was quite easy for a barman to not bother checking ID. That it was during the Young Scientist should have been of some concern; but as we'll see in another post much further down the list; that alone definitely didn't raise eyebrows elsewhere...

So - the pub's been fully refurbished since. Its now run by the same people who run 1004917 Lemon & Duke, so maybe that writeup will give you a better idea of what its like. But I drank here, on the same licence, so it counts under my rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment