Saturday 29 August 2020

RetroReviews: N0082 McGraths

My Dad's old local when he a: lived in Drumcondra and b: drank - so in excess of 35 years ago at this stage!

This was my preferred of the two pubs near Drumcondra train station for after-work pints, but we ended up splitting with my less-favoured N0080 Quinns unfortunately. I've not been back here for actual pints in quite some time; but there is now a decent off-licence in what used to be the front lounge (I think? Always went out the back to the big screen anyway), which I have used a few times if heading for a train that will leave me home after 10.

2 comments:

  1. is this the same McGraths that sits near one end of O'Connell St.? Opposite side of street of GPO I believe. On my three trips to Ireland from the USA, always stopped in and had the same bartender each time, years apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's been renamed twice in the past two decades - first to Frazers, then Murrays. My writeup for there was extremely short but that's often the case in pubs I've been to a lot - its harder to remember the specifics when its not a special visit! https://everypubindublin.blogspot.com/2020/09/retroreviews-n1556-murrays.html

      Delete