Tuesday 12 December 2023

S1484 The Kestrel

This isn't quite a last-chance-to-see (although worryingly, we may be getting close to that for its avian namesake, at least in Ireland); but with two failed planning attempts to convert this giant complex in to apartments it is likely that there will be a further application in the future. 

A pub is likely to be retained in the new development - it has been in the plans - and despite some similar applications leaving the pub unit vacant or later converting it to more flats; many have actually returned - the near-ish 1017978 The Traders returned after its building was flattened for flats.

For now, you can go to the existing pub, which takes up most of the space on the site - a telephone exchange and a bookies complete the vast bulk of the existing structures. 

Cheap pints are the main attraction here - the 5.90 I paid for Smithwicks isn't terrible; but there were flyers for fiver pints at various times throughout the week also; all meeting the regulations on promotions I hasten to add.

This was my first pub on a day of many buses, and I needed to go for my second fairly quickly so my pint was consumed rapidly to enable a quick escape, so my insights here are somewhat limited!

No comments:

Post a Comment