Saturday 2 December 2023

S0234 Corrigans

This pub very much fell between two stools, or two roads more accurately, on my previous pub ticking missions. On a side road between the Rathmines and Ranelagh roads, each of which I've previous covered off, it never quite got ticked off before. (please try to avoid falling between two stools inside a pub)

A nice quiet pub, where I felt it would be polite to ask before plugging a charger in to one of the sockets about the lounge. With a decent atmosphere to sit and read my remaining bits of the paper in, I moved on to a second pint here - causing some confusion at the bar as I changed pints.

This confusion was likely compounded by how comparatively different my two choices were - the first pint was a Lagunitas, the second a Beamish. The affordability (my grandmothers oft-mentioned on here refusal to use the word 'cheap' still shines through!) of Beamish and the fact that I do actually enjoy it were proffered as my excuses - not that one was required, as the pint was being poured despite the barmans incredulity at the change.

The pub was relatively quiet during my visit; but I believe that its out of the way location does not prevent it being lively on busier nights.

1 comment:

  1. My first Dublin address was on Mountpleasant Avenue and me and my teenage blow-in housemates tried to make The Mountpleasant Inn our local. Oh how the management and regulars hated us.

    ReplyDelete