Wednesday 27 December 2023

1010888 Birchalls (Crumlin/Drimnagh)

Google Maps told me this pub was closed. Its Instagram page hasn't been updated for three years, and links to a website that doesn't exist. Even the pubs golf society's Facebook page hasn't been updated since Winter 2021. And I even thought I'd already passed it on the way to the previous pub without noticing that it was open. This is an unfortunate story repeated many times across Dublin since the pandemic and I was about to write the place off.

But it was only around the corner, so I decided to make absolutely sure before knocking it off my list as undoable. And it was very much open. I corrected Google Maps. 

A nice warm (the night was quite cold, so this was an important factor for me!) pub with Beamish on tap, with obviously enough locals trade to keep it going despite being near invisible online.

The bar section is quite small and has an exceptionally awkward table layout that pretty much requires you to get right in to the personal space of other drinkers even when its half empty, but that's about the only negative I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment