Saturday 15 December 2018

1002785 The Malt / The Malthouse

This pub has a slightly different name on its outside sign than on all its internal signage, which is at least a bit confusing.

It also smelled of vomit and there was a couple having a very public, very detailed argument about presents they'd bought for each other. That sort of set the mood and I left after I finished my pint as I didn't really want to hang around. Ticked off the list. I headed around the corner to Harkins for food and decent conversation instead.

I'm now up to date with pubs, this being #397 on the current register - if anyone is trying to keep track by reviews they may notice that there is usually not 50 between "landmark" round number, due entirely to visited pubs being removed or occasionally readded to the register; and the even rarer occasion of realising I had never marked a pub off the map - which has happened twice recently with N0081 Tolka House and S0185 O'Briens which I had been in about 8 and 10 years ago respectively. So the numbers are celebratory at best but I still try to mention them.

#400 should happen before year-end, which is quite an achievement with #300 in February and #350 only in September. This has been heavily assisted by a few research-and-bagging days which will likely not be repeated as frequently in 2019, mainly as I'm nearly over that specific stage of research.

No comments:

Post a Comment