Saturday 15 December 2018

S1467 Tom Kennedys

The most surprising element of this quite traditional city centre pub was that they had Beamish on tap, so close to Guinness and all its tourist market - and whatever, if anything, remains of the loyal staff base. As I was heading to a work event in the Guinness Storehouse I decided to partake in a pint of Beamish as the likely only non-Diageo product of the evening.

This is quite a decent pub although there's not really a lot to say about it. I'd imagine it gets quite busy before and after Vicar Street gigs - oddly, while I have been to multiple gigs there, they have nearly always been with someone who was not drinking and driving back for some reason so I have never been in before. Interestingly, on the walls among the photos of old Dublin, they have a print of this photo of the pub which sat opposite Vicar Street and sacrificed its licence to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment