Saturday 15 December 2018

N0623 Bradys Castleknock Inn

It may have been subconscious - I do read the commercial property pages in the papers, deliberately; and check the 4 Dublin planning authorities sites - but as I walked up to Bradys I wondered if it was going to be a redevelopment target. A large two floor building with an extensive carpark, in an established housing area and near a railway station it seemed ripe for someone to buy, knock and shove apartments on it.

And it appears that's the plan. Although I had expected them to retain a pub on the site - there aren't that many nearby - there is none in the current submitted plans.

Approaching the pub there is a blank enough door to the side in to the bar and a larger one in to the lounge. I assumed the bar was closed due to said door, and went in to the lounge. It turned out the bar wasn't closed and the lounge was basically empty.

After a local found a barwoman to serve me, I retired to a corner and wrote some of the longer ago posts on here - almost catching up to the present for once, until my laptop battery died. It's a decent suburban boozer and I'm sure it'll be missed by locals - but there must be more value in the land for the owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment