Friday 14 December 2018

S0184 Leeson Lounge

I keep saying I'll catch up with posting, and I never do... this is from some weeks ago at this stage.

This is a rather odd pub for Dublin, and I quite like it based off my visit. A rambling living room of a pub, this is probably the closest to the lounge in a 70s house of any pub lounge in the city. I do presume this is the aesthetic it was going for.

Other pubs on the same night had been quite busy, but I was able to find a massive sofa in an alcove all to myself. Rather oddly, despite the pub being perfectly dry, there was a painting on the wall which had been completely consumed by mildew to the point of being unintelligible.

There was a nice, relaxed atmosphere here with a fairly interesting range of customers. The pub has live music sessions frequently, with quite a lot of jazz and blues on the schedules I've seen - I wonder if some of this moved from from JJs after it closed for renovation/redevelopment.

I can't remember what I drank considering how long ago this was, let alone the range of drinks on offer. If it was either amazingly good or incredibly bad I suspect I'd have remembered!

No comments:

Post a Comment