Saturday 15 December 2018

S1465 Bakers

I initially got the impression that this pub had fallen to tourist trade - being relatively near to Guinness and on the main route back in - but a quick look at their Facebook page shows regulars and community involvement that can only come from having proper locals trade. So it was just a facet of being there on a weekday afternoon that meant it was mostly tourists there.

I should probably have gone in to the bar, as there isn't a lot to say about the lounge. Its decorated with the fairly common setup of probably-repro drinks signage, with some sporting elements added in including a set of well-thumbed sports biographies on the upper mezzanine level. The food looked decent but I didn't partake; the drink was fine - being all macro I went for my current and probably from-now-on choice of Smithwicks, proving that I am in fact turning in to my grandfather. At least I hope I am, as he managed to retain about as much hairline as I have now until he was 89!

No comments:

Post a Comment