Saturday 15 December 2018

1003470 Canal Bar

This large building beside Ashtown railway station is a pub I pass up to ten times a week, but had never called in to before. There is a restaurant upstairs but the pub itself still has extremely high roof. The decor in general is a bit confusing - jokey posters, TVs in the toilets, netting on the ceiling. The pub has been here for a fair few years so I assume there was an original theme which has been modified over the years

There's a decent drinks menu and the food options look fine also - and there's always that separate restaurant upstairs if need be.
 
I probably rushed my visit here as I was planning to visit some other pubs along the railway line in a fairly limited timeframe, and kept calculating my time to home as if I was still in the city centre - forgetting I had already done a portion of the journey. This affected my next visit as well until I remembered I wasn't drinking on Pearse Street or otherwise adjacent to the Dublin City Archives where I had started the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment