Tuesday 2 April 2024

S1486 Purty Central

It isn't common that a pub has a generally accepted name which is never actually written on the outside of the building at all; but The [Purty] Central is one - outside of some window graphics with Purty on them, the pub is completely externally branded as The Central Bar currently; although Streetview archives show both Purty Central and The Village Inn branding in times past. All their social media uses Purty Central as does their domain name. I suspect only a regular or a staff member can answer as to why it uses both; and knowing the way this goes, one or both may turn up in the comments or on social media to tell me!

Again, a busy pub; but there were a few more seats available here than in previous visits and attempts in the village. I located myself at a table in the window, and realised that I could actually see both previous pubs from my seat - the Laurels clearly, the Black Lion if I craned my head a bit. There aren't many if any other places where you can see two different licenced premises from your seat; and this shows the density and competition within Clondalkin village

My seat was well located to see the second half of the Ireland rugby match, and also clearly on a prime route for floor staff coverage - the second my glass went down empty, the offer of delivery of another would come; and it would rapidly arrive with card reader in hand. I would probably have bailed out to check for space in The Steering Wheel a little bit quicker if I wasn't ambushed by pints.

No comments:

Post a Comment