Saturday 20 April 2024

(no number yet) Krewe South

This post may end up being pointless for ticking purposes; as I don't yet know if this is going to have a pub licence; but as its sister premises (N2805 Krewe North - since visited but not written up yet) has a pub licence, and this one has a similar setup, I'm assuming it does.

By not being on the register, it has been robbed of being Pub #750 on a rolling register basis - it can't be marked as such, as its not there to mark. But maybe it isn't even a pub anyway.

From the off, things didn't look good here. Their booking system told me there were no seats available for a single diner; possibly ever - but when I looked for a table for two, I was offered any and every 15 minute slot I wanted that evening. I didn't book one lest I had to make up a story about a missing date; but just turned up in person.

As expected, there were plenty of seats available. The next issue is that the tap list here is bloody awful.

However, the food is the main draw here; and is fantastic - this is going to be subjective, but they manage to hit exactly what I want, taste wise. 

Fix the booking system and get one, just one, Irish independent product on the taps and I'll give it 5/5 every day. 

Something I noticed on my visits to the toilets - the food is quite messy, and that's where the sinks are - was that the music playout appeared to be stuck there, with a single track repeating. This is apparently deliberate.

No comments:

Post a Comment