Monday 22 April 2024

1001184 Farmer Browns Kilternan

As I usually don't get to write a pub up immediately, there is always a risk that something significant will happen before I get to do the writeup. And in this case, the pub has closed down.

The Golden Ball pub, as was, was bought by Greg Kavanagh for the land around it; and with this redeveloped - looking nothing like the original proposal - he sold it on in November 2023. During his ownership, the pub was leased out to the restaurant-and-occasional-pub chain Farmer Browns, and I visited during the latter days of their operation.

This pub was the 750th on a rolling register basis, albeit I've visited two other new pubs that are not yet on the register before this, so it is only 750th by default really.

Under the Farmer Browns operation, there was a restaurant area and a bar area, with my visit being constrained to the bar as I'd already had lunch; but this may not be the same once the new owners take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment