Sunday 31 March 2024

1009200 The Laurels

This labyrinthine pub was very difficult to navigate, due to being exceptionally busy - but, like the previous pub, I found a quiet block of seats. 

In this case, the available seats had no decent view of a TV; but as Ireland were already winning comfortably I didn't feel much need to latch myself to every second of the game

Over a decade before I eventually made it here - even writing that it was that long ago makes me feel incredibly old - so many work nights out that never happened involved The Laurels. I was working in the Airton Road area of Tallaght with quite a few colleagues that lived in Clondalkin; and there were repeated suggestions of "we'll go to The Laurels and see where it goes from there". None of which even got far enough to actually get in to The Laurels; let alone find out where it would go from there - I suspect the Red Cow nightclub, probably.

But I made it here, eventually; and I'm getting towards the end of the Louis Fitzgerald pubs in Dublin. A tad reluctantly, as I loathe to give my money to a chain that both employs awful people (there are also some incredibly sound people working in the chain), and are directly responsible for me getting assaulted (by virtue of ejecting someone incredibly drunk and disorderly in to my path); but as long as they have Dublin pubs I need to tick them off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment