Tuesday 5 March 2024

N2258 Salmons

Another pub where it was rather awkward to actually get to the bar to get a pint. I wonder if I start a campaign to keep a drink orderers area clear - rather like the service area often left clear in pubs for staff - if anyone else would support it.

This is another Very Very Big Pub, in a suburban shopping centre. The current pub building is an early 2000s build, replacing the previous structure which was destroyed in a gas explosion in 1999. 

I believe the new build may have moved slightly from the original footprint, with the original site having lain empty until a new Iceland - now becoming a Tesco after Iceland's second exit from the Irish market - store was built on it a few years ago. 

The large lounge area has a larger dart board... painted on the wall around the normal size one. I might be able to consistently hit the outer one, I suspect.

A busy enough premises even as the match was drawing to a close, I was able to get a table under one of the TVs after having found it slightly difficult to actually get to the bar. For my second pint, this was ordered over the people at the bar and dropped down by the staff - so the crowding on the bar stools isn't actually a problem.

The pub has kitchens, but they were not operating when I visited; and this made me go a little quicker after realising I could make a train home in time for dinner rather than need to source food elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment