Saturday 23 March 2024

N0269 Killians of Naul

Open from 16:30, said Google Maps; so I rearranged the order of pubs I was being driven to so that we wouldn't arrive vastly before then.

On arrival at ~16:10, the pub was clearly already open. Oh well.

As we stepped inside, an indication of why the Google times might not be entirely up to date became apparent - Killians is cash only, so I don't get the impression than modern things like "the internet" are the most important thing for them (although they do have an Instagram page). My emergency 50, which has previously come in handy when one till in the otherwise card-only 3Arena had no card reader and allowed me to queue hop, got deployed again here.

A nice small-ish pub that is somehow both one room and two rooms at once - a linear setup with space either side of the main door - the bar doesn't go in to the unusual barrel roofed bit of the building.

If there was more tourist draws to Naul - there is the Seamus Ennis Centre, which as it has a theatre licence, I do need to visit - this would probably be quite well known as a pretty, traditional pub. I'll try make sure to drop back in whenever I do go see something in the Seamus Ennis.

No comments:

Post a Comment