Sunday 18 November 2018

S0276 McKennas

The second of my Dun Laoghaire pubs, this one is still registered with Revenue as "The Yacht Tavern", leading to some slight confusion when doing my customary Google to make sure I'd got the right pub.

I decided to go to this one specifically as it is *not* on a major street in Dun Laoghaire. Down a side street, this premises has a small bar and a large lounge, all very recently refitted to a very high standard; so much so that the daytime horse racing on the TVs felt rather out of place. If you weren't aware it was here there is a chance that you'd completely miss it.

Pub seems decent, however only the bar was open when I visited and I expect the crowd to be very different when busier - for starters, there wasn't a single woman present!

No comments:

Post a Comment