Monday 26 November 2018

S0183 Ryans Beggars Bush

My quest for dinner, as mentioned in the previous post, continued. I should probably have either gone back to The Old Spot or across the road to knock Chophouse off the list but for some reason I went down Haddington Road, and ended up in Ryans.

Ryans doesn't do food in the evenings. Eventually, Tolteca on Baggot Street sorted that out for me, but I only found out after I had ordered a pint that this is a lunchtime (or pre-booked party) food venue

Like most pubs in this area, Ryans is set up to cope with match day crowds with a substantial outdoor seating area to the front. It was an abnormally warm night for mid-November so I decided to sit outside - and was joined by some other non-smokers in doing so.

On non-match days the pub seems to mostly draw on the tech industry nearby for its patronage - at least based on one visit, which can be extremely unrepresentative.

I think it was a mostly macro lineup here, but I was hungry and grumpy and had basically ordered a pint on false pretenses caused by Google Maps so I can't actually remember what I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment