Monday 26 November 2018

S0172 The Waterloo

This most English named of pubs is a long and narrow premises on Baggot Street with a busy bar downstairs and a quieter (at time of my visit) craft-specific upstairs bar. Which I wasn't aware of, and ordered something far less interesting off the downstairs taps as a result before ending up upstairs anyway.

The major defining feature of this pub is a huge painting of a times past Baggot Street along the wall opposite the bar downstairs - my poor low-light photo does not give it justice. This painting does unfortunately show how much more interesting the building that the nearby Searsons pub is in is, but it does show that they didn't censor the artist at all.

Apparently there is an upstairs outdoor area, which may have been nice considering the utterly abnormal warmth on the evening (mid November - in Ireland) I visited on; but I didn't notice it as I don't generally look for the smoking area in pubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment