Saturday 17 November 2018

S0012 The Duke

This historic premises sees very significant tourist traffic and is the starting point of the popular Literary Pub Crawl, however a quiet, wet Tuesday night in November is not one where there are many tourists around to fill it.

I was seeking dinner and was mulling over going to the TGI Fridays on Stephens Green to knock it off the list (which I did do a few days later), but particularly poor weather meant I wanted to get in to somewhere quickly and The Duke was nearer to my previous visit. Extremely rapid service meant I had a meal ordered quickly and already on my table when I returned from washing my hands.

This isn't an area of the city I would ever have much reason to drink in, and have found pubs in the area often unenterable due to the volume of tourists, but this is a nice enough pub.

No comments:

Post a Comment