Monday 26 November 2018

S0177 The Bath

Sometimes you end up taking an opinion of a pub from a first impression which was mistaken - when I entered and ordered here I was presented with a macro-only tap lineup. There's craft options on a second set of taps to the rear of the bar.

However, the second impression here also created an instant negative - there was an overwhelming smell of creosote from some of the furniture which I assume is set up to be brought outside on match days - free up standing room inside and give perching space outside.

I was looking for somewhere to get dinner at the time - the smell of likely carcinogens in the air alone did not kill my appetite, but no wait staff coming over to me for 20 minutes ensured I went elsewhere.

Should be fine for a pint on a match day but I wouldn't bother otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment