Thursday 27 September 2018

N1114 Bridge Inn

This is the one in Chapelizod, for avoidance of confusion with the few similarly named premises.

It isn't often that I get tweeted by someone involved in the operation of a pub; however in this case I was informed of the re-opening by one.

This pub has been closed on and off for some time, with a brief period as an Australian theme pub most recently (expect this Facebook link to expire eventually); and it was obvious that the refurbishment works were near complete after my recent visits to the neighbouring pubs. I tweeted about this and was then kept updated on the progress.

Now heavily rowing themed, the pub is somewhat linked to Carrig Brewing; although I'm not sure exactly how. A fine Edwardian pub, it's good to see it reopened and hopefully now with solid backing it should out-last the previous incarnations.

No comments:

Post a Comment