Thursday 13 September 2018

N0135 Brú House

This traditional inner-suburban pub was most recently known as Smyths of Fairview, and after a brief closure reopened a few years ago as Brú House Fairview

Brú are one of the longer-running Irish microbreweries and have one other pub, in Newbridge. I'm not personally a huge fan of their products - very much a personal taste thing, they are of perfectly fine quality; and they don't sell much else here. So despite working nearby for two years I never actually dropped in - but now, not working quite as near, I decided to hit the Howth Road area on a quiet afternoon.

Other than the all-Irish, all-micro tap lineup (Brú's full product range, a cider I can't remember and Yellowbelly Citra IPA), this is basically what you'd expect from any other pub in a similar area. Pub grub with only minor differences to the norm, Sky Sports on offer in the bar and a large lounge area to the rear. I had a late lunch and tried their new Session IPA and Dark IPA which are, again, perfectly fine but just not quite to my tastes. All Brú pints are very good value at €4.50 or €5 and were the cheapest pints I saw anywhere all day.

It's a nice enough environment to spend some time, but would appeal massively more to someone who's a fan of Brú's beers.

1 comment: