Monday 17 September 2018

N0127 The Yacht

This pub is very posh. Probably too posh actually - I got odd feelings of having stepped back in to 2007. Nothing actually wrong with that, of course - and it is in a posh area. It has had a recent refurbishment that likely had no expense spared on it and which the owners seem very proud of on their website.

I hadn't intended to do another pub on this trip, but having just had dinner I realised that I had about a fairly substantial amount of time to kill before a bus. So I dropped in for a quick pint here - I will still need to return to the area as I missed Harry Byrne's, but I may as well not waste the opportunity.

I found myself in a conversation with a regular who wanted to know if a boxing match was on that evening - which I had to check online for him as I wouldn't have a clue normally. My initial perception of the pub as posh was confirmed when we ended up discussing local politicians - as you do - and he stated that Tommy Broughan TD would "never be seen here, its too posh". Said regular considered himself similar politically to Broughan but had no such issues drinking there!

No comments:

Post a Comment