Friday 14 September 2018

N0136 Kavanaghs Marino House

Sometimes I have a specific plan for pubs to hit on a certain day, as I did on the day I visited Kavanaghs. However, I'd forgotten to charge my phone so needed somewhere with a socket so I could check the bus times to go to my planned next pub. Kavanaghs it was then...

This is quite a nice pub. Very much a Dub pub - there is a crystal, probably quarter-size replica of the Sam Maguire behind the bar in the lounge, apparently dating to the 1995 victory.

Every pub was relatively quiet that day - possibly many locals were still a bit tender from the All Ireland win the week before, and Kavanaghs was no exception. The socket was behind the bar and I only had a very short charger with me which resulted in my sitting almost on the bar rather than at it.

Two pints and the bulk of the remainder of my papers later and I had sufficient battery to head on to my original target

No comments:

Post a Comment