Monday 9 September 2024

RetroReview: S3178 Street 66 (Front Lounge)

A pub I've not been to in years, and which I doubt I can give a good idea of what it is currently like. I was semi-regular here in about 2008, but opening of Pantibar moved a lot of what I would have been going here for across the river.

The pub came to some notoriety recently when someone who moved in nearby during lockdown made significant complaints about the noise - noise they couldn't have heard when moving in, but surely had to be aware was going to come back. Due to the timing of when they moved in, this is not a clear-cut case of someone moving in beside something noisy and looking for it to be removed afterwards, but still...

I occasionally reference the Dying For A Pint blog on here, and note that this is one of the only cases of where a pub killing isn't on their yearly lists - a oft forgotten and harrowing guilty-but-insane case. The pub has changed its name since, but not for over a decade; usually any name changes after a killing are nearly immediate; so this was not done for that reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment