Tuesday 24 September 2024

N0317 Grand Hotel Malahide

I entered this, well, Grand sized hotel through the door closest to the road entrance, which brought me in right beside a relatively small bar that appeared to have been dropped out of the 1980s - dark wood, dark carpets, chandeliers, and a limited range of drinks but with lots of fortified wines - a nice nostalgia trip.

But as I later found out, this is not the only bar in this hotel; and indeed might actually be intended to be the Residents Bar - the website describes it - the Griffon Bar - as being open for special occasions, or for residents at night. It was early evening and not a special occasion when I dropped in, so perhaps it opens when the hotel is busier too.

The Matt Ryan Bar is the main one in the hotel, which is rather more modern; but I'd made my tick before realising it existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment