Thursday 19 September 2024

1020397 Motel One

This isn't my first trip to *a* Motel One; having gone to the rooftop cocktail bar in the Leipzig Post branch of the chain before. So I thought I knew what to expect - cocktail heavy, with a signature cocktail on the menu.

Instead its gin-heavy here; and the rest of the setup appears to have been decided on by looking at what people report as their likes from traditional Dublin pubs. They sell Guinness - just Guinness - on draught; and the only food is toasties.

For the entire hotel. Residents are told they can order takeaway to their rooms.

So there's a vast bar, on a busy shopping street, where you can only get draught Guinness, or a few other beer options - Irish independent products featuring heavily, thankfully for me - in bottle. I would not be surprised if this changes over time, as the potential to make money here on busier weekends has to be quite high.

No comments:

Post a Comment