Wednesday 4 September 2024

RetroReview: S3037 Dylan Hotel

I'm not sure how much detail I can go in to about my first visit here; as it involved some level of subterfuge to get in to the residents bar during residents hours (a room was booked) on the assumption that a band would be drinking there; which they were. Some people involved may not want the details of how revealed, even over a decade later as it is now.

The second time is OK to mention though, as it was my then employers 25th birthday celebrations, and we were asked to 'dress 1980s'. Only a few members of staff managed to do a general 1980s look - some of the women managing to find dayglo leg warmers etc - and the rest of us did 1980s movies; with a passable Gordon Gekko for myself being assisted by finding an old fashioned menswear shop to sell me the white collar/blue body shirt and the braces required. 

Probably not the most normal reasons for drinking in a hotel bar, but definitely counts for a tick.

No comments:

Post a Comment