Tuesday 19 September 2023

S0260 Bottle Tower

This pub was one of the first to reopen during the time I've been doing this project, in late 2016; and that reopening came with a locally controversial door policy that seems to have excluded many locals. However on the evening I turned up, there were no door staff and I can only assume this has been sorted out.

It was a tad hard to get service at the large wraparound bar in the centre, but the vast tap space that offers does result in there being lots of taps and some more interesting things on offer than you might expect in suburbia - the nearby Churchtown Stores also has good craft taps though.

The upstairs space here has internal branding as "The Big Gnu", or possibly "The Big GNU" if it is actually a free software themed pub... but as there isn't a single reference online to this name anywhere, I can but guess


Another oddity here was that I was handed a free pint by promo staff - for Draught Corona - for the first time in many, many years. I did think that MUP would kill this off, but lets not mention that to the neo-prohibitionists...

No comments:

Post a Comment