Tuesday 26 September 2023

S0187 Dropping Well

Getting here required a bit of a walk to the Luas, followed by a bit of a walk from the Luas - it may have been better to do this on one of the days I have a driver. But this was somewhere I wanted to tick off as I'd been almost here so many times before. And I would have a few pints in me before doing the uphill bit on the way back.

During the early days of the 2020 lockdowns, when I worked in one of the 'essential worker' jobs that didn't have the risk and resultant attention that the more obvious ones had (as a side note, every job I've had since 2006 in three very different sectors all fell on the essential worker list, and not one of them was the obvious ones like medical, logistics or retail - which feels odd somehow), I used to meet with other staff and exchange work-from-home equipment with them in the large carpark here.

All those days sitting in the carpark and handing over computers, monitors, mixing desks etc (I was working in broadcasting at the time) looking at the forbidden premises beside us meant that it got towards the top of my ticking list; but the relative isolation from public transport left it unvisited - there is a bus stop right outside, but it is only served by a useless, one direction each peak service.

Like the other Charlie Chawke pubs, there's a few 'house' craft beers on tap as well as O'Haras; and an extensive food menu. The huge carpark makes it easy enough to come here for grub; and its worth the walk from the Luas for pints.

No comments:

Post a Comment