Friday 8 September 2023

S0227 Revels

I've occasionally mentioned smells in bars before, from the negative (damp) to the positive (pepper sauce, albeit it made me leave the bar before I ate entire second dinner and/or asked for a pint of pepper sauce instead of beer). The smell outside Revels sort of falls in to both camps - somehow, the only note of the plumes of smoke emanating from a few smokers sitting outside that were coming towards me on my way up to the pub were the nice bits, the ones that people think of when claiming a whiskey or red wine has 'notes of tobacco'. I suspect they were Bensons, as they're the only one I think I can recognise via that note.

Weirdly, that entire thing ended up being more memorable than the pub itself at this stage - these writeups are a few months behind, and while I wrote some small notes in the stub article for every other pub that day; I didn't here. Whoops. 

At this time, this is the only one of the three bars that were on Rathfarnham Main Street that's actually open. The adjacent pub - most recently S0228 Ton Tin - is closed and across the road, the former S1268 Sarahs is now a kids play centre, despite its licence occasionally popping back on the register in the decade or so that it has been closed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment