Friday 7 April 2023

N0238 Cumiskeys

I jokingly texted my partner that I would have trouble remembering this pub if I didn't write it up quickly - so I've started writing it up almost immediately lest I do forget.

Cumiskeys is a large suburban pub, and has many of the elements you'd expect in a large suburban pub - it's a bit of a barn, is heavily based around its food offering and has quite a bland tap lineup. But, based on the crowd in when I visited, it is very popular with locals. 

There is a a separate restaurant - Shangrila - upstairs, but the pub itself seems to shift huge amounts of food. There's a variety of different areas within the pub if you want to see, or avoid, various sports on TVs; and a large central bar with a very. very boring macro tap offering.

I had also joked on WhatsApp that I'd probably only remember that the pub had odd, tiny, but very effective hand dryers in the toilets. Well, it does. They're about the size of a hardback book, but are better than all but the highest end high power ones I've seen elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment