Saturday 1 June 2019

N2007 Academy Plaza Hotel

There's plenty of hotels in Dublin that have a Publicans Ordinary (Hotel) licence where I'm not actually sure if I can walk in off the street to get a drink. For some of them I'm absolutely sure I can't, and others where I keep intending to phone in advance before I toddle off a potentially pointless bus trip with no other options nearby - Parkwest, Tyrrellstown, Clonshaugh all come to mind here

However, the Academy Plaza just off the top of O'Connell Street is one of the ones where I was fairly certain you could - and you can. However, I was still greeted by the reception desk as soon as I walked in, something which I'm always expecting to lead to a "no, the bar is residents-only" reply.

The bar is a pretty standard hotel lobby bar, serving fairly standard bar food and macro beers with a suited barman, and a crowd mostly made up of hotel residents. There are other bars nearby - particularly the Living Room/Murrays/Fibbers complex with its three licences surrounding one large enclosed outdoor area - that are probably more conducive to head out for pints in; but if you want relative quiet this would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment