Thursday 6 June 2019

N1129 Ball Alley House

I've passed this pub a few thousand times on the 66 bus, which stops outside in both directions, but had never got off one to head in before. Quite an old premises, this would have been a roadhouse on the N4 but now serves a more mature area of Lucan.

The bar was very busy when I dropped in on a weekday afternoon, but I was probably half the age of the next youngest punter. Now, I'm not particularly young - you may see references to pubs that closed in the mid 00s that I visited legally - so the average age in here was very high.

There's a lounge out the back, though, which gets a much younger crowd in the evenings/weekends, so this pub isn't at any immediate risk of demographics leaving it without an audience.

There's nothing wrong with the Ball Alley, but the pubs in the village have a more interesting atmosphere and only a tiny bit further from the bus for me. So there probably won't be a re-visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment