Tuesday 4 June 2019

N0312 Coachmans Inn

This roadside pub near Dublin Airport is now generally referred to as "Coachmans Inn Restaurant" by its owners, as the carvery has taken over most of the site, and with only a very limited number of nearby houses, there isn't a significant amount of local trade anymore. Some nearby houses were bought by the DAA to reduce noise complaints during the T2 planning application and I suspect more may have gone for the same reason for the second runway; and I'd imagine that drink driving enforcement will have had an impact over time too.

I was working in the area and had time for a long lunch, so popped in to avoid having to make a specific trip at some future point. I wasn't expecting the scale of the food operations to be quite so big, but there is still a small, extremely traditional bar tucked away at the front. The usual range of taps, typical pub decor and a barman in a shirt and tie could put this as the entirety of a small pub in a country village.

The food was passable - its carvery, which I'm no fan of, and I'm having to eat a lot on this mission -  so I had the only different item which was sweet and sour pork with rice - and mash, roast potatoes, full carvery veg range etc if you so wished! I decided to Instagram the meal, because that's what you do isn't it? Except usually its something that looks more appetising, and with more effort made to make the photo not be crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment