Thursday 21 March 2019

N0300 The Lord Mayors

A absolutely huge pile of a premises on Swords Main Street, of which I saw relatively little. The basement / ground floor if approached from the carpark has a more cafe-like area, albeit with a full set of taps, which is where I ate lunch

And quite a bland lunch it was too, with a very disinterested barman taking my order.

I used to work in Swords, and while the pubs have changed a bit (primarily the Slaughtered Lamb -> Empire -> "The Betsy") in the over a decade since, I'm sure there's still better food available elsewhere. In fact I know there is from my visit to N0303 The Cock Tavern, roughly the same time last year and for exactly the same reason.

There's a number of other areas to the pub, and a large off-licence, so its probably a bad idea to make a final judgement off the one section - but its unlikely I'll be back anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment