Friday 2 March 2018

N0303 The Cock Tavern

I happened to be in Swords of a Saturday lunchtime, and initially started my way up the steps of N2538 The Old Borough to get lunch - and then realised I'd been there before. I've mostly run out of premises that I suddenly realise I've been to, but the long closure and rebrand of this one meant it had slipped my mind - and it was the 2006 BT Christmas Party the last time I was there!

One quick diversion down the road later and I was tucking in to a toasted special and pint in this traditional pub.

The pubs website makes vague claims towards having a medieval, which is at least a bit unlikely but the pub is definitely in the hundreds of years old. A slightly odd lounge/bar split with the lounge having the full frontage and the bar along the side creates a very narrow and long interior.

I'm going to ignore the impact of the Old Borough being added to the stats on the milestone pubs, I thought they were those numbers when I was there...

No comments:

Post a Comment