Tuesday 19 March 2019

S0194 The Hill

The history of this pub has already been covered at Publin, and the rather more chequered history of the adjacent Mountpleasant area which gave the pub its name at Come Here To Me, so neither really needs to be written again by me.

This is a nice pub with a traditional layout and furnishings, but a modern range of drinks on offer - primarily Irish craft taps and Irish spirits.

This was a quick visit upon realising that I wasn't going to make a train and had 55mins to use until the next one - even the improvements in frequency last year haven't made it to late evenings yet. As it was that late in the evening, the food service had finished for the day here so I didn't get to see what was on offer; but it appears to be standard modern pub grub and the reputation is that it is decent.

I'd quite like somewhere like this as my local, but I can't possible afford to live in Ranelagh!

No comments:

Post a Comment