Monday 5 August 2024

S3208 Boomers

A decent pub with a terrible name - "boomer" isn't an insult for a generation here like it is in the US, mainly because we didn't have a baby boom at the same time; but we're all aware of it.

I visited the pub on the first day proper - the day after the opening ceremony basically - of the 2024 Olympics; which is apt as the bar has piles of memorabilia relating to their local Olympian, Kenny Egan, who won Silver in 2008. There's photos, gloves, and something that at first glance looks like a medal; but is not - its bronze-coloured, for starters. 

I should probably have asked the barman if he knew what it was, and if the gloves were from the actual Olympics fights come to think of it.

This is a big pub, with a large outdoor area and also a large lounge; neither of which I headed in to. I'm never a fan of betting machines in pubs, but I can easily ignore them in somewhere with a decent atmosphere and good staff like there were here.

Something interesting to me is that the pubs extremely neglected Twitter page has a header photo featuring some of the great artwork on old Trouble Brewing bottles - I like their current can artwork too; but miss the old designs - and the naming scheme that implied various types of trouble too.

No comments:

Post a Comment