Saturday 24 August 2024

RetroReview: S2747 Conrad Hotel (Alfie Byrnes)

I drank here which the bar was Alfie Byrnes - named after "The Shaking Hand of Dublin", the multi term Lord Mayor and sometimes IPP MP / Independent TD Alfie Byrne. He also has a road named after him that's usually best known for the wars over coach parking on its cycle paths.

This was a Galway Bay Brewery pub when under that name, potentially their largest; and usually also quiet enough to hide away in on busy days in the city centre - just being a tad outside helps.

The bar is no longer GBB, and now seems to be called Lemuels, Lemuel being the first name of Gulliver in Gullivers Travels. 

I already feel like I'm in Lilliput a lot of the time, due to my (increasingly less - late Gen Z are tall) abnormal height; so I don't think I'll bother going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment