Monday 26 August 2024

S2096 Finches

There's another set of pub tickers that always seem to come to bother in pubs that most people wouldn't even consider vaguely rough. So its not that much of a surprise that they don't appear to have gone here at all.

I'm not scared of "rough pubs", most of the ones that people - one set of other pub tickers particularly, it seems - consider "rough" are nothing of the sort; but this is the first pub where someone sort-of warned me about it when I was going in; claiming to recognise me and asking why I'd go to a "pub like the Finches". 

I didn't know who they were, they may recognise me from the very public place I work (a non promiment or public facing job) in; or they may have just realised I wasn't local and thought I needed warning.

The only thing I needed warning about were that the jacks are particularly smelly, and actually make some seating areas a bit unpleasant as the smell comes out. 

Don't bother coming here on a "rough pub" safari - actually, please don't do that anywhere, its ridiculous and someone has already done the video - and maybe it will be different if you're not a physically huge male, going in daylight.

No comments:

Post a Comment