Thursday 18 January 2024

S0393 Bradys of Shankill

In my posts on the way out here I pondered as to whether this is the most Southerly pub in County Dublin.

It isn't, Johnny Fox's is. A record it has a totally legit claim to. I've been to Fox's, but before the blog; so this is the furthest South I've been on a specific ticking trip, and as a result one of the furthest trips I've had to do. The temperatures weren't quite Polar Expedition, but I did regret not digging up my gloves.

Looking back at the pubs social media as I usually do, it seems I managed to locate a particularly small part of the pub and didn't notice any ways through to any other sections. 

If I'd looked at my own historical notes (on the map), it should have been obvious it wouldn't be the smallest pub - this used to be the Shanganagh Hotel, with this name turning up until the 1990s although I'm not sure if it still did rooms by then

It's still a fairly substantial pub, but I ended up in a cosy enough lounge area, drinking Beamish out of an antique glass as is often the case - I must write up some musings on how Beamish glasses are often approaching 20 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment