Tuesday 9 January 2024

1019594 The Whiskey Reserve

This well stocked whiskey off-licence, operated by the adjoining Temple Bar pub, has its own full pub licnece. On a previous visit, it was quite busy and while I could probably have made a pretence of looking at something expensive and paid for a taster of it; I just moved on.

As the final of my "in these circumstances" visits (see previous two posts); I popped in again and noted that they have a small - it might sit ten people - circular bar at the back of the shop. This features the ability to buy a measure of nearly every whisk[e]y in the house - far more than just Irish products are on the shelves - and also has two taps, Guinness and Open Gate Citra

I stayed longer here than I would normally do on a ticking visit, as there was interesting conversation to be had with the small number of other customers - an American couple and another American solo tourist. The circular bar is perfect for this and its quite likely that the customer mix will be similar at other times.

It is rather pricey, but you do know what you're getting in to when you go in.

No comments:

Post a Comment